I will pass on the recipe because I loved these muffins that much as you can see here. Chef Alfred from Dancing Cup was nice enough to share the recipe for those who love baking at home and as you know, I am all for quick meals, like this one that’s about 30 minutes so here goes.
For a serving of about 12 muffins, you will need;
2 and a half cups of wheat flour
1 tea spoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 tea spoon of baking powder
1 cup of butter milk
half a cup of honey
1 cup of millet flour.
- Cue happy music because what is a baking session without some Maroon 5’s Sugar or DCNE’s Cake by the ocean
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and butter the muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix baking powder, millet and wheat flour, bicarbonate of soda, and just a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the honey, buttermilk, eggs, olive oil, and honey and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with flour and stir till the mixture is even with consistent smooth texture
- pour the batter into greased muffin cups with walnuts and raisins for toppings and place in oven for 15-20 minutes.
I just have to add that I loved pairing these muffins with strawberry ice cream. I also suggest that you warm some blueberry/raspberry sauce that you can also pour on the muffins to taste. There’s just something about a mix of the sweetness from the muffin and the bitter sweetness of berries that I think you guys will fancy.
Let me know what you think when you try it out.